The Developer will join a well-established development team currently undertaking a period of system rebuilding and improvements. The successful candidate will be heavily involved in the planning, design and build process and will have an important say in the technology stack used.
- Annual leave amounts to 21 days plus bank holidays.
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised staff canteen
- Free Gym access including 1-2-1 training sessions and group sessions with fully qualified PT’s!
- Additional benefits based on time served such as Car Allowance, Free Breakdown cover, Health Insurance, Free Annual Travel Insurance
- Fantastic Career progression opportunities
- Paid for online training access.
- Social Events such as race days and Christmas parties
- Workplace pension contributions
- Monthly Lottery scheme (jackpot up to £1500)
- Super Friendly Office Dog
- Building new applications at the forefront of the business using PHP 7, MySQL and more, as well as integrating with APIs
- Suggesting new functionality and methods to improve the overall customer journey
- Maintaining existing codebase, including troubleshooting, bug fixing and adding new features
- Mentoring and encouraging junior members of staff
- Professional manner
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work to targets/deadlines
- Understanding of the principles of Unit Testing
- Experience with RESTful / SOAP API creation
- Experience of working with Vagrant or Docker
- Expertise with PHP 7.x
- Expertise with PHP Framework (preferably Laravel 5.x – 6.x)
- A solid understanding of web application development, from user interface to relational database structures
- Strong organisational skills to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Social / Team Events
Please be aware that you may be subject to a DBS check