Work Hours: Full time – Permanent – 37.5 hrs per week
Salary: up to £20,974 + Comprehensive benefits
Benefits: Paid overtime at £20p/hr, monthly Lottery Scheme (jackpot currently £1500.00+)
Place of Work: First Point, Balby Carr Bank, Doncaster DN4 5JQ (on Bus Route, approx 1 Mile from Town Centre)
Start Date: Various start dates available including immediate
When you join us you become part of a well-established, rapidly expanding local Call Centre operating for over 25 years that prides ourselves on ensuring good consumer outcomes are at the heart of our culture. We are looking for a dynamic and hardworking individual to join our exciting, fast paced and buzzing environment. Your career starts here.
As a permanent employee we will provide you with the following additional benefits:
- Full Training Programme provided
- Annual Performance bonus
- Free Gym access
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised staff canteen
- One Call Events such as ‘a day at the races’
- Annual leave starts at 20 days (increasing up to 25 days) plus bank holidays
- ”Star of the Month” and One Call Leader-board Schemes and bonus incentives
- Additional benefits based on time served such as Car Allowance, Free Breakdown cover, Health Insurance, Free Travel Insurance.
- Workplace pension contributions.
- Internal Progression
- To assist the Payroll manager in operating the monthly payroll for a diverse group of companies.
Key result areas:
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly payroll
- Collating and accurately inputting payroll elements including tier pay structure, holidays, sickness, overtime, bonuses etc.
- Processing starters and leavers
- Maintenance of payroll records
- Dealing with employee and manager queries
- Assisting with HMRC returns including year end and P11D
- Processing wage deductions including pension, student loans, attachment of earnings, workplace lottery etc.
- Assisting with the production of reporting including gender pay and management reporting
- Maintaining a good knowledge of rules and regulations affecting payroll
- Providing assistance to the HR department
Dimensions of the role:
An efficient and accurate payroll is essential to the smooth running of the business. The diverse range of businesses within the One Call group mean that payroll covers staff ranging from call centre staff to professional footballers!
Context of the role:
- Working as a team with the payroll manager.
- Liaising with different departments to ensure that payroll inputs are complete and accurate.
Skills and competencies:
- Dedication to accuracy and getting it “right first time”
- Good organisation skills ensuring data is complete and accurate
- Drive to achieve deadlines which (in the case of payroll) cannot be missed
- Strong team working skills
- Absolute commitment to confidentiality and integrity handing employees sensitive data
- Diligent with strong attention to detail
- Good communicator, able to handle queries and explain payroll issues to managers and staff
Any relevant qualifications will be taken into account but are not required for application.
- Good grounding in payroll work
- Understanding of the various elements of pay, deductions, operation of PAYE, attachments etc.
- Working knowledge of Excel.
Your internal relationships would include all our staff, the managers and directors of the business for HR issues, to provide support and information and to provide support and advice, respectively.
Your external relationships would include auditors, premium finance providers and customers for the purpose of providing information to assist with audits and resolving queries.
Our Company has strong values in which our staff are continually improving and delivering with passion through effective team work. We offer a vibrant and supportive environment; our offices are open plan with managers and individuals working alongside each other to give our staff the best start to their career.
Please be aware you may be subject to a DBS check
Good Luck on your application and we hope to hear from you soon