One Call Insurance Services are looking to recruit an experienced PHP Developer to work closely with our well-established development team of 12 members and 2 managers. There has been no better time to join the team as we are currently undertaking an exciting period of system rebuild and improvements to pave the way for a better tomorrow!
What tech stack is required?
What do we offer?
Salary: Dependent on Experience and ability
Hours: Full Time- Permanent – 37.5 hours per week plus opportunities for paid overtime. With opportunity for flexi-time structure.
Annual Leave – 21 days plus bank holiday (will increase with loyalty)
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised staff Canteen
- Additional benefits based on time served such as free breakdown cover, health insurance, travel insurance and even car allowance.
- Fantastic Career Progression Opportunities
- Paid for Online training course
- Workplace Pension contributions
- Monthly Lottery Scheme (Jackpot up to £1500)
- Star and Team of the Month nominations
- Fun and inclusive Charity events throughout the year
- Friendly Office Dog
The cherry on top…
Here at One Call Insurance we believe the key to quality work is quality of life; mind, body and soul. Therefore we offer Free access to our on-site gym including 1-2-1 training sessions with fully qualified Personal Trainers. We also offer discounted access to onsite Sport Massage Therapist, and Physiotherapist.
What will I be doing?
- Building new applications at the forefront of the business using PHP 7, MySQL and more, as well as integrating with APIs.
- Suggesting new functionality and methods to improve the overall customer and staff journey
- Maintaining existing codebase, including troubleshooting, bug fixing and adding new features
- Mentoring and encouraging junior members of staff
What do we need from you?
- To maintain a professional manner
- Display strong communication skills
- Have the ability to work to targets/deadlines
- Understand the principles of Unit Testing
- Have experience with RESTful / SOAP API creation
- Have experience of working with Vagrant or Docker
- Have expertise with PHP 7.x
- Have expertise with PHP Framework (preferably Laravel 5.x – 6.x)
- Have a solid understanding of web application development, from user interface to relational database structures
- Display strong organisational skills to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
Would you like to hear more?
Please do not hesitate to get in contact with Saffron Hunter on 01302 558 616