When you join us you become part of a well-established, rapidly expanding local business operating for over 25 years that prides ourselves on ensuring good consumer outcomes are at the heart of our culture. We are looking for a dynamic and hardworking individual to join our exciting, fast paced and buzzing environment. Your career starts here.
As a permanent employee we will provide you with the following additional benefits:
- £100 Monthly Attendance bonus, plus a 6 monthly £200 attendance bonus (Total annual attendance bonus of £1,600)
- Free Gym access
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised staff canteen
- One Call Events such as ‘a day at the races’
- Annual leave amounts to 25 days plus bank holidays.
- ”Star of the Month” and One Call Leader-board Schemes and bonus incentives
- Additional benefits based on time served such as Car Allowance, Free Breakdown cover, Health Insurance, Free Travel Insurance.
- Workplace pension contributions.
- Internal Progression
The Technical IT Administrator is responsible to support the IT operations team by administering information systems and to provide all other administering services to the IT Operations department and staff.
Key result areas
- To deliver excellent service and value to the business.
- Provide advice & guidance to the business on new technologies.
- Deliver 3rd line support for all Windows-based technologies / services, including Windows Server and Microsoft Exchange.
- Deliver project support to all areas of the business.
- Responding to telephone queries and questions and deal with or pass to the relevant members of the technical team.
- Liaising with our suppliers and dealing with any supplier issues
- Formatting technical documents and guides
- Creating internal reports for the management team
Context:This role is primarily based within the Office although travel may be required from time to time to consult with third parties in respect of the IT function.
Skills and Competencies
- 3+ years of commercial experience supporting Windows server / infrastructure – preferably in a similar role.
- Support, administration and implementation of Microsoft technologies – Server, Exchange, Windows.
- Knowledge of IT security & associated technologies.
- Knowledge of Virtualised Systems and technologies
- Knowledge of PCI DSS and DPA.
- Knowledge of call centre telephony systems
- Good team player, but also able to work individually.
- Good communication skills – spoken and written.
- Customer focussed.
- Knowledge of ITIL processes, including incident and change management.
- Willingness to pass on knowledge to other members of the team.
- Flexibility to work out of hours / from different sites.
- Paid out of hours on call rota
- Clean driving licence.
General Skills and Competencies
- Interpersonal skills – ability to build successful, mutually beneficial business relationships.
- Wide ranging experience in operating at a senior level.
- Ability to lead change management programmes.
- Strategically minded.
- Able to lead and develop on compliance, risk and controls strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people – customers and colleagues alike
- Organisational and planning skills
- Problem solving skills
- Full understanding of the company’s procedures
Other desirable skills
- Relevant Microsoft certification.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix Configuration Systems.
- Scripting language – VBScript or Powershell.
- Awareness of related technologies / products.
- Awareness of technology developments
- Microsoft Qualification
- NAS/SAN Storage & Backup systems
One Call Values and Attributes
- Building Trust
- Doing the Right thing
- Taking Ownership
- Delivering with passion
- Continually Improving
Appropriate Industry Qualification(s) desirable but not essential for this role.
Technical knowledge / experience
Understanding of financial regulation and underwriting.
||Direct Line Manager
||Reporting of IT operational issues
||Escalation of issues and resolution proposals and reporting on the operation of the IT Function.
||Board of Directors
||Provide support and technical advice, analyses strategic issues in respect of the IT Function.
||Industry Members and Suppliers
||As may be required from time to time during the course of your duties.
Good Luck on your application and we hope to hear from you soon!
Please be aware that you may be subject to a DBS check