When you join us you become part of a well-established, rapidly expanding local business operating for over 25 years that prides ourselves on ensuring good consumer outcomes are at the heart of our culture. We are looking for a dynamic and hardworking individual to join our exciting, fast paced and buzzing environment. Your career starts here.
As a permanent employee we will provide you with the following additional benefits:
- £100 Monthly Attendance bonus, plus a 6 monthly £200 attendance bonus (Total annual attendance bonus of £1,600)
- Free Gym access
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised staff canteen
- One Call Events such as ‘a day at the races’
- Annual leave amounts to 25 days plus bank holidays.
- ”Star of the Month” and One Call Leader-board Schemes and bonus incentives
- Additional benefits based on time served such as Car Allowance, Free Breakdown cover, Health Insurance, Free Travel Insurance.
- Workplace pension contributions.
- Internal Progression
Key result areas
- To deliver excellent service and value to the business.
- Deliver 1st line support internally for all Windows-based technologies / services, including Windows Server
- Deliver project support to all areas of the business.
- Responding to telephone/email queries and questions and deal with or pass to the relevant members of the technical team.
Context: This role is primarily based within the Office although travel may be required from time to time to consult with third parties in respect of the IT function.
Skills and Competencies
- To provide technical support; answering support queries either onsite or via phone or email
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues
- Respond to enquiries from clients and help them resolve any hardware or software problems
- Maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected
- Support users in the use of Computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice
- To escalate more complex service issues to the relevant IT Support member
- To escalate non IT issues internally where required
- To arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house
- Flexibility to work out of hours / from different sites.
- Paid out of hours on call rota
General Skills and Competencies
- Interpersonal skills – ability to build successful, mutually beneficial business relationships.
- Excellent telephone manner and face to face communication skills
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people – consumers and colleagues alike
- Organisational and planning skills
- Able to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Problem solving skills
- Full understanding of the company’s procedures
- Ability to work in pressured environment
Other desirable skills
- Relevant Microsoft certification.
- Relevant 1st line / Helpdesk support experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows desktop
- Experience using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration
- MCP certification would be beneficial, but is not essential
One Call Values and Attributes
- Building Trust
- Doing the Right thing
- Taking Ownership
- Delivering with passion
- Continually Improving
Appropriate Industry Qualification(s) desirable but not essential for this role.
Technical knowledge / experience
Understanding of financial regulation and underwriting.
||Direct Line Manager
||Reporting of IT operational issues
||Escalation of issues and resolution proposals and reporting on the operation of the IT Function.
||Board of Directors
||Provide support and technical advice, analyses strategic issues in respect of the IT Function.
||Industry Members and Suppliers
||As may be required from time to time during the course of your duties.
Good Luck on your application and we hope to hear from you soon!
Please be aware that you may be subject to a DBS check